Thursday, December 23, 2010

Melted Snowman Cookie

I made these treats today to give to our neighbors. I thought it was especially humorous since we live on a tropical island and the only snowy man you'll find here is a melted snowy man. (My kids are actually requesting we visit the beach during winter break and make a sand-snowman.)
Photobucket
This is a great sugar cookie recipe. I've made many different versions of the basic sugar cookie and this one rates in my top 5 favorites. I also liked the runny frosting as it has a great melted snow effect. The frosting eventually hardens and would look pretty in bright colors on other cookie shapes.  We found the melted marshmallows to be a bit tricky to work with but I've included some tips  in my notes below.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Jayne, I love these!! What a cute idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...