My husband found Ina Garten's Roasted Tomatoes recipe on the Food Network site and since we had so many garden tomatoes we made this as a side dish for dinner. It was an easy and delicious twist to sliced tomatoes and we all loved them.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of the Food Network
- 12 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, cores and seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 450 degrees F.Arrange the tomatoes on a sheet pan, cut sides up, in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper over the tomatoes. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tomatoes are concentrated and beginning to caramelize. Serve warm or at room temperature.*Jayne's Notes: It looks like she garnished with maybe some fresh parsley. We didn't garnish our dish and it tasted just fine. I did serve these directly off the pan because they were too delicate to transfer to a serving dish.