Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh the joys of moving with Swanson Vitamins Saving the Day

I apologize for the sparse posts lately. Long story made short our house is a mess as we quickly and unexpectedly move to a new house 2 blocks away. Oh the joys of moving. Ugh! Thank goodness Swanson Vitamins included some healthy snacks in the sample box they sent me for my review because my cupboards are currently bare.

The first snack was Soyjoy, an all natural baked soy and fruit bar. These are not like your typical fruit or granola bar. I think a good description would be that soyjoys are like fruitcake in a bar, meaning dense yet flavorful. My favorite flavor was blueberry with an ingredient list of raisins, wild blueberries, pineapple, coconut, cranberries and white chocolate chips. Doesn't that sound good? I have to say that these passed the "picky-kid" test in my home. We tried the banana, blueberry and berry flavors. (If you're like me you throw away all candy that is banana flavored but these bars were good enough to eat.) Even better, soyjoy passed the healthy test with no artificial flavors, colors, hydrogenated oils, gluten and 0 g trans fat.
The second snack sent to me was Pumpkin Crunch Clusters. My kids and I love to eat trail mix for our snack because it's the perfect on-the-go snack to take to the park or keep in my purse plus it satisfies hunger. These clusters are edible just plain but we enjoyed them mixed in with our our trail mix. The seed clusters are salty so I doubled up on sweet (raisins, dried mangos). I *heart* healthy snacks!


*Other bloggers can receive products from Swanson to review by contacting blogs@swansonhealth.com

I was not compensated for this post although I did receive product samples to facilitate my review.  Any and all opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...