Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Breakfast with Coconut Manna & Superfruit Juice

As a child I grew up with a father who loved to cook breakfast. My dad makes the most fabulous waffles topped with fresh strawberries that he would usually buy after making a special trip early in the morning to a nearby strawberry farm. These gourmet waffles or strawberry shortcake meals were usually Saturday morning breakfasts and the rest of the week included a warm bowl of oatmeal.  My dad instilled a love of warm home-cooked breakfasts in me and I'm hoping to do the same with my kids.




We like to include cooked cereal in our weekly meal plans but it can get a little boring. I was excited to receive some Coconut Manna from Swanson Vitamins and thought it was the perfect addition to our morning hot cereals. This creamy organic coconut delivers fiber, protein and nourishing fats as well as great taste.  There are lots of other uses for liquid coconut like desserts, dressings and sauces. Plus, anything named "manna" has got to be good. Right?
Another morning routine we're trying is Maqui SuperFruit Antioxidant Juice.  Maqui has been enhanced with acai, pomegranate, blueberry and raspberry juices. According to Swanson's website, "the exceptional free radical fighting properties associated with maqui can be attributed to stores of naturally-occurring anthocyanins - a powerful class of antioxidants that have been shown highly effective in quenching free radicals." My girls love fruit smoothies even if they're green from the addition of spinach. To make them a little more healthy I'm adding a few tablespoons of Maqui. Doesn't it feel great starting your morning with healthy food?


*Other bloggers can receive products from Swanson to review by contacting blogs@swansonhealth.com

I was not compensated for this post although I did receive product samples to facilitate my review.  Any and all opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...