Monday, May 7, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie...in a Bowl

Last Sunday evening my husband and I were craving something sweet. I had seen this recipe online as a baked oatmeal breakfast served with maple syrup but to me it sounded like a delicious oatmeal cookie in a bowl that should be served à la mode.

I really like this dessert with the limited sweeteners partnered with the nutty flavor of the oatmeal. The taste is delicious but my favorite part was the preparation. It took me five minutes to mix the ingredients (I doubled the batch...one for me and one for the hubs), 20 minutes in the oven, and it was done.


Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal (for One) 

  • 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk, well-shaken
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a small ovenproof bowl.

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg white, and vanilla extract. Pour dry ingredients into wet and stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour mixture into prepared bowl.

Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until oatmeal is puffed and set. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

Who Dished it first? Healthy Food for Living with slight alterations made by me

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...