Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cranburgers

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. If you have any leftover cranberry sauce or turkey gravy then I have the recipe for you.

My first reaction to this recipe was definitely not positive. I'm not a huge fan of cranberry sauce, especially jellied cranberry sauce. My husband on the other hand loves the mixture of cranberries and turkey. In honor of his taste preferences and because I love a good hamburger I decided to make this meal.

The verdict: Thanksgiving dinner in a bun. Serious!

The patties are moist and packed with Thanksgiving flavors of thyme, turkey, cranberry, and even gravy. I would definitely cook these in a fry pan instead of a grill because I'm not sure how well they will would hold together. The burgers held for me but they were delicate. I overlooked adding oil to my fry pan and since turkey is a leaner meat the patties were stickier than I would have liked so be sure to add the oil.

The best compliment I can hope for is my husband sincerely praising the dinner after each bite he takes.  This meal hit that nail on the head! He L.O.V.E.D. it! Gravy and jellied cranberry on a turkey burger. You might be surprised. No, you will be surprised.

Cranburgers

1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 cup turkey-flavored stuffing mix
1/4 tsp. ground thyme
1-1/2 lbs. ground turkey
1 Tbsp. oil
6 lettuce leaves
6 hamburger buns
1/3 cup turkey gravy, warmed
6 slices jellied cranberry sauce

In a large bowl combine whole-berry cranberry sauce, stuffing mix and thyme. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.

In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees and juices run clear.

Place burgers on lettuce-lined buns; top with a spoonful of gravy and a slice of cranberry sauce.

Who Dished it first? Taste of Home magazine October/November 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...