Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Double Chocolate Cheesecake Layered Cake


My husband and I celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday and this is the dessert I made him. Let's just say that he absolutely loved it! I was pleasantly pleased as well because the taste was fabulous but the best part was the preparation was relatively easy. Boxed cake/brownie mixes sure do make things easier! I did make sure to use good quality mixes because if I was going through the effort of making a 5 layered cake it had better taste good!



By the way, this is my photo and I'm not sure if the cake or the roses are prettier (especially that white one at the top right or the darker pink at the left! I'm not sure what type of rose that dark pink is but I love the petals.). I did forget to clean my cake pedestal after cutting a piece. There are so many nit-picks of food photography I am still learning.

Double Chocolate Cheesecake Layered Cake
(courtesy of Jenny on Picky Palate)

2 8 oz packages softened cream cheese
1/2 Cup sugar
2 eggs
1 brownie mix 9x13 inch size
1 chocolate cake mix
Favorite Chocolate Frosting Recipe, prepared (tripled)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cream cheese and sugar into a stand or electric mixer bowl. Beat until softened. Beat in the eggs until smooth. Pour into a wax paper lined and greased 9 inch springform pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until middle is set and not jiggly. Remove and let cool completely. Refrigerate overnight or for 2-3 hours. Carefully remove sides and transfer to wax paper (I used a giant spatula to help, it's ok if it breaks a little, just piece it together and freeze cheesecake for 30 minutes to firm).

2. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and divide evenly into a wax paper lined and greased 9 inch cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Let cool completely then carefully turn over onto wax paper; set aside.

3. Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour into 2 wax paper lined 9 inch cake pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Let cool completely then carefully turn over onto wax paper; set aside.

4. Place one of the chocolate cake layers onto a cake stand. Spread with a thin layer of chocolate frosting then layer with the brownie. Spread brownie with a thin layer of frosting then top with cheesecake layer. Spread with a thin layer of frosting then layer with remaining chocolate cake layer. Spread entire cake with remaining chocolate frosting. Chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...